Full time students in Higher Education in England and Wales have to pay tuition fees of up to £9000 per year. On top of this their are living costs for student accommodation, food, books and equipment and funding the student experience. To meet these expenses there is a package of support available.
- Tuition Fee Loans pay for your course.
- Maintenance Loans and Grants help with living costs (eg accommodation, books, bills). You have to pay back loans but not grants.
- Extra help may be available depending on your circumstances
- Different funding arrangements apply for some students on courses which attract an NHS Bursary
Good general source of information on student finance for Higher Education
Use the student finance calculator to estimate:
- student loans
- student grants
- extra student funding - eg if you’re disabled or have children
Watch this short video clip "The facts about fees"
Follow this link to access another student fiance calculator which calculates how much you will pay and how much you will pay back monthly on loans
Download the free guide for sixth formers "You can afford to go to uni"
Student Finance England Factsheet on student finance packages for 2014-15
NHS Student Bursaries Youtube video which explains eligible courses and how to apply.
Student Finance England Factsheet on NHS Bursaries for 2014-15